Search Ellis Island Data

  • To search this data: Enter your search query (such as first name, surname, year or ship) into the search box on right and the table will automatically filter to display the results. Alternatively, click on the column headings to filter the information according to the name of the column.
  • The names of Tarbert people who emigrated to the United States and were admitted via the Ellis Island immigration facility in New York are listed here.

    Ellis Island was opened as an Immigrant Inspection station in 1892. After 1924, Ellis Island became primarily a detention and deportation processing station. Therefore immigration records cover only 32 years. Emigrants from Ireland to the United States travelled by ship from various ports in Ireland – such as Queenstown, but also Limerick and Tralee.

    In the 1840s/1850s, some 1,900 people boarded ships in Tralee bound for the United States.


Ellis island Data



 

 

© Copyright 2016 Tarbert Development Association
All Rights Reserved. All media on this site remain copyright of their respective owners.